Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Mob Caps.

  • Diane Morgan
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 3, 2002
      You may want to take a look at eBay. I've seen that particular pattern show
      up there more than once.

      You may even find the "finished product", it's amazing what's out there for
      sale, and not all that expensive either, if you just do a little looking.

      Huggs

      DiDi

      diane.morgan@...
      http://www.geocities.com/didi_morgan
      Moderator: CreamCityCD@yahoogroups.com
      Co-moderator: Crossdressing@...
      And Proud to be a Petticoat Pond Pinup
      http://www.pettipond.com

      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 3, 2002
        This mob cap isn't hard and turns out nice.
        Do you have a Joanne's Fabric store near you?
        From Nov 9-11 they are having a pattern sale
        5 for $5.00 (Simplicity, McCalls, Butterick). I
        never pay full price for these patterns.
                                          Duana
        ( who has been lurking for a long time)
      • Siebel San
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 3, 2002
          Mob caps are easy. Cut two large circles of fabric, sew
          them together but leave an opening to turn. turn it right
          side out, then sew a casing about one to one and a half
          inches in, wide enough to thread elastic through. Put in
          elastic, sew opening in casing, and and sew opening in brim
          shut. Simplicity, McCalls and Butterick, all have mob caps
          with some of their patterns.
          Jessica

          Does anyone know of any simple patterns for Mob
          > Caps.

          =====
          HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now
          http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/
        • fanfetish@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 4, 2002
            Thanks! I really appreciate all the great advice that you all gave me and will definately keep it in mind for when I need it again. Anyway,not having much time(or money) We just bought a white nylon shower cap. Reanna(the girl I'm helping out) glue-gunned on some lace trim and ribbon and voila! It was my idea,and yes,it won't be 100 precent accurate,but it will do very well for a 10 minute skit. Also,we lucked out and found some Pirate style hats at a party store. We took off the skulls and crossbones decal and they will do very well for the Redcoats costumes. Btw,I'm very proud of this young lady,she really seems to have a talent for this and I am encouraging her to do wardrobe at her Middle School for the Drama Club they have. Thanks again,Robyn