Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Mob Caps.
- You may want to take a look at eBay. I've seen that particular pattern show
up there more than once.
You may even find the "finished product", it's amazing what's out there for
sale, and not all that expensive either, if you just do a little looking.
And Proud to be a Petticoat Pond Pinup
----- Original Message -----
From: Carla Brooke <carla@...>
Sent: Sunday, November 03, 2002 7:53 AM
Subject: Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Mob Caps.
> Simplicity Costumes pattern #9713 includes a mob cap pattern. It doesn't
look hard but the pattern isn't cheap. This is a pattern including Puritan,
centennial and 18th and 19th cenury costumes. I have it but never used it.
> --- message from fanfetish@... attached:
- Simplicity Costumes pattern #9713 includes a mob cap pattern. It doesn't look hard but the pattern isn't cheap. This is a pattern including Puritan, centennial and 18th and 19th cenury costumes. I have it but never used it.
--- message from fanfetish@... attached:
This message was sent from Carousels.com - the NUMBER ONE carousel site on the net! Please visit us soon at: www.Carousels.com and also at: www.CarouselResources.com or www.CarouselNet.com or even www.CarouselsNet.com and www.CarouselsOnLine.com!!
Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get you@... w/No Ads, 6MB, POP & more! http://www.everyone.net/selectmail?campaign=tag
- This mob cap isn't hard and turns out nice.
Do you have a Joanne's Fabric store near you?
From Nov 9-11 they are having a pattern sale
5 for $5.00 (Simplicity, McCalls, Butterick). I
never pay full price for these patterns.
( who has been lurking for a long time)
- Mob caps are easy. Cut two large circles of fabric, sew
them together but leave an opening to turn. turn it right
side out, then sew a casing about one to one and a half
inches in, wide enough to thread elastic through. Put in
elastic, sew opening in casing, and and sew opening in brim
shut. Simplicity, McCalls and Butterick, all have mob caps
with some of their patterns.
Does anyone know of any simple patterns for Mob
Visit my website! www.geocities.com/imaginations_flight/
- - - - - - - - - -
�If the world could have seen what I have seen, feel what I have felt, there would be no more war, only love.� -MLC
Do you Yahoo!?
HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now
- Thanks! I really appreciate all the great advice that you all gave me and will definately keep it in mind for when I need it again. Anyway,not having much time(or money) We just bought a white nylon shower cap. Reanna(the girl I'm helping out) glue-gunned on some lace trim and ribbon and voila! It was my idea,and yes,it won't be 100 precent accurate,but it will do very well for a 10 minute skit. Also,we lucked out and found some Pirate style hats at a party store. We took off the skulls and crossbones decal and they will do very well for the Redcoats costumes. Btw,I'm very proud of this young lady,she really seems to have a talent for this and I am encouraging her to do wardrobe at her Middle School for the Drama Club they have. Thanks again,Robyn