Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] (unknown)

  • Michelle Davidson
    Message 1 of 20 , Nov 2, 2002
      May I say hallelujah! (Tongue in cheek on the
      comment, heartfelt on the sentiment!

      --- Dianne and Greg Stucki <goofy1@...> wrote:
      > Kindly keep your proseltyzing to those who have a
      > shred of interest. Religion does not belong on a
      > costuming list.

      =====
      We are all in the gutter,
      But some of us are looking at the stars.
      --Oscar Wilde

      HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now
      http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/
    • DARK GOD
      Message 2 of 20 , Feb 10, 2004
        dont know were your based if you in the uk give the bbc props house a call
        you can find the numbers on the net they have every thing you could wish for
        and more

        >From: "video_film" <video_film@...>
        >To: TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [TheCostumersManifesto] (unknown)
        >Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 18:35:27 -0000
        >

        >I am looking for Costumes and Accessories from 1890s to 1930s.
        >
        >I need to find them for a feature film project.
        >
        >I need items restored or in original condition.
        >
        >I am also interested in things that can be restored at a reasonable
        >price.
        >
        >But I need to know the status of each item, whether they are in
        >original form, or renovated and when they were renovated.
        >
        >I would like to see pictures if possible.
        >
        >I need to know if you have ever rented these items before.
        >
        >If there is a set rental price and insurance requirements please
        >send that info as well. If not just tell me that you are not sure
        >how much the rate will be.
        >
        >If there is anyone else you know that has something we might need
        >can you
        > please let me know that as well.
        >
        >Thank you for any help you can give me.
        >
        > I am also looking for someone with period costume experience
        >to help me budget and schedule the wardrobe requirements in a script
        >I am breaking down.
        >
        >I have no money to offer, but can offer experience with Movie Magic
        >Budgeting and Scheduling software.
        >
        >And employment on the feature once the funding is complete.
        >
        >I have been offered the money I need but I am still looking for more
        >money to have a larger budget to work with.
        >
        >I only need about one day togo over the typical costumes for each
        >time period and maybe go with me to western costume for
        >scouting/pricing on thier inventory. Then a half day to see what
        >should be made and what should be rented.
        >
        >3 easy/casual days a few hours each day is all I really need.
        >
        >William Murray
        >818-366-5337
        >video_film@...

        http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger
      • Mandy
        Message 3 of 20 , Oct 22, 2008
          For me? The joy of seeing the finished product.

          The challenge in making it from a hand drawn picture. It's like watching a
          baby take it's first steps, or your child receiving their first "First
          Place" ribbon or trophy. I'm not very good at drawing, painting or coming
          up with my own designs - but present me with a rough drawing or a photograph
          and I'm off and running with ways of making it. Out comes the pencils,
          frustrations and swearing. But then when it's proudly displayed on my dummy
          or a person, it's the lump in the throat and the feelings of achievement
          that makes it all worth while.

          The actors excitement, others compliments and congrats are just icing on the
          cake for me. :D

          Mandy in Aussie Land

          Message 4 of 20 , Jun 14, 2009
            We struggled with the "eating/drinking in costume" issue with a couple of
            recent college productions that included children. The children were
            informed by their teacher that there was no eating/drinking in costume, a letter
            was sent home to parents, an announcement was then made in the greenroom at
            the first dress rehearsal - with the parents in the room - and the next night
            they STILL brought their little darlings tacos, Cheetos, cheeseburgers, and
            red & blue drinks. They had plenty of time to eat before coming to
            rehearsal, and we allowed the kids to drink water or each non-staining food (animal
            crackers, vanilla wafers). We had to assign 2 college students to be in the
            dressing room to enforce the food rule every night. This is part of the
            problem - parents who are clearly told the rules and teach their children that
            it's okay to disregard any rules that are inconvenient.

            Sorry - just had to vent.

            **************Choose the home loan that saves you the most $$$. Agents
            available at ditech.com
            (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221374924x1201371434/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fclk.atdmt.com%2FDEG%2Fgo%2F153724534%2Fdirect%2F0
            1%2F)

          • Paula McWhirter-Buck
            Message 5 of 20 , Jun 17, 2011
              what are these links?
              there have been several, lately from this list.
              i dont click on things if i'm not sure what they are or where thy originate
              from.

              ________________________________
              From: Darcy <darcy33083@...>

                From: Darcy <mailto:darcy33083%40yahoo.com>
                Message 7 of 20 , Jun 17, 2011
                  I have been getting these too.  I've opened them twice before I realized it was the same sender.  A big warning from my anti-virus program flashed on the screen letting me know a threat was blocked...I wouldn't open them.

                  Sharon
                  Emma Joy's Emporium

                  From: Darcy <darcy33083@...>
                  Message 8 of 20 , Jun 18, 2011
                    I've noticed that the majority of these that I've seen have a .php suffix. If, however, you get an email with just a link, no explanation...especially if it's from someone you don't know, but even if you know them...don't click on it. I got a few like this from friends, but it was very out-of-character for them to send a link without any comment, so I emailed them back to ask about it. Not once have they responded with "Yeah, I actually sent that link to you..." It's always been some kind of malicious software at work.

                    --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, Sharon Kubic <sharonkubic@...> wrote:

                    > I have been getting these too.  I've opened them twice before I realized it was the same sender.  A big warning from my anti-virus program flashed on the screen letting me know a threat was blocked...I wouldn't open them.
                  • Kat Hannon
                    Message 9 of 20 , Jun 18, 2011
                      All those links are shoing up on my end as coming from someone who calls herself Darcy. If I see anything from her I just delete it.

                      =^.^=

                      "If a man could be crossed with a cat,
                      It would improve the man,
                      but it would deteriorate the cat."
                      Mark Twain
                      Please note that Mark Twain specified
                      that the cross would improve the MAN,
                      no need to include women in that.
                      Women and cats are perfect as is.

                      Message 10 of 20 , Jun 18, 2011
                        all other email lists that i belong to...when these show up....the sender is
                        made aware and given a warning by the list moderator.
                        if they continue the sender is blocked from the list until the issue is cleared
                        up.
                        simple enough to deal with, if the sender has been victim of an email
                        worm.....just change your email password.

                        ________________________________

                        wrote:

                        > I have been getting these too. I've opened them twice before I realized it
                        >was the same sender. A big warning from my anti-virus program flashed on the
                        >screen letting me know a threat was blocked...I wouldn't open them.

                      • Pat Rohrbach
                        Message 11 of 20 , Jun 18, 2011
                          Me to I just delete anything from Darcy who ever that is.

                          Patricia

                          Clark College Theater Program Coordinator/Costume Designer

                          360 903-6162 Cell

                          "I am a Costumer, I make clothes for imaginary people." ---

                          When I costume, I am not a fashion designer nor a clothing manufacturer, but a builder of character, concept, and physical movement.

                          --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com <mailto:TheCostumersManifesto%40yahoogroups.com> , Sharon Kubic <sharonkubic@...> wrote:

                          > I have been getting these too. I've opened them twice before I realized it was the same sender. A big warning from my anti-virus program flashed on the screen letting me know a threat was blocked...I wouldn't open them.

                        • thecostumersmanifesto
                          Message 12 of 20 , Jun 18, 2011
                            Definitely evil spam. I delete them when I see them, but I miss a few.

                            Message 13 of 20 , Jun 18, 2011
                              Darcy is a list member in good standing since 2003 which is why the messages are getting through, she has long had unmoderated status. Someone obviously hacked her email and sent spam, so I'm putting her on moderated till the problem clears up. Time was, email done on a remote service like Yahoo, Hotmail, Gmail, etc was invulnerable, but in the last couple of months these accounts have been hacked en mass. Heaps of my friends are sending me spam unintentionally. It has become much more prevalent in the last few weeks. Leo Laporte, "The Tech Guy" to those of you who don't listen to radio, is suggesting today that everyone with those kind of email accounts switch passwords asap, and apply any additional forms of authentication provided by your service provider.

                              --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "Pat Rohrbach" <pattyjo110@...> wrote:

                              > Me to I just delete anything from Darcy who ever that is.

                            • Carla Pollard
                              Message 14 of 20 , Jun 18, 2011
                                Tara:
                                I listen to Leo most Sundays and heard him suggest this recently.
                                Carla Pollard

                                <pattyjo110@...> wrote:

                                > Me to I just delete anything from Darcy who ever that is.

                              • Barbara Mount
                                Message 15 of 20 , Jun 30, 2012
                                  I costume-specifically designing and building tutu-for our ballet company here in Livermore, Valley Dance Theatre.  I don't have a degree specifically in costuming, but have sewn all my life and am a wearable art designer.  The director of our company has been building costumes for over 30 years, worked in the Hartford Ballet's costuming shop, as well as danced for their company.  We would be more than happy to talk to you on the phone!

                                  Caryne Mount

                                  www.carynemount.com
                                  caryneska@...

                                  www.valleydancetheatre.com