Re: HELP ME!!

  • Bequi
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2002
      I often have the same problem. No one knew what I was yesterday,
      either. I had on a purple wig, horns, a simple dress, and butterfly
      wings. I could have been a fairy, butterfly, or a mythical beast. I
      like to have people guess what I am. Or I tell them to use their
      imagination. I sometimes get some fun answers, labels for the
      costume I never would have thought of. Plus, it's fun to dress up in
      whatever I can imagine it is might be fun to be. Who cares what
      that's called? I hope you had fun, Melissa.

      So I guess since this is my first foray out of lurkdom I oughta
      introduce myself. I live in Berkeley, CA. I make costumes for
      myself to wear to parties and for events like Burning Man and
      Critical Mass. I really enjoy altering and improving clothes I find
      at thrift stores and making costumes out of recycled materials like
      bike tubes, hardware, and whatever else that inspires me. I love
      simple ideas that turn into great looking costumes. My favorite
      trick is to buy 2 pairs of tights and make one into a shirt. It
      looks like a body suit, without the hassle of wearing one.

      I love reading everyone's questions, ideas, and advice. This is a
      great group.

      Back to lurking,

      --Bequi

      --- In TheCostumersManifesto@y..., "MeLissa" <babblingblond123@h...>