Long posts/Halloween

  • Elli Gull
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2002
      Does anyone else wish that people would not include the original message
      when they replied to posts? Having these very long messages posted
      repeatedly is pretty distracting, especially when they are spam. It would be
      great if people would delete before posting replies, or set their email
      program to not include original message in the reply (on MS Outlook, you go
      to Read/Options/Send and uncheck the box that says "include message in
      reply".)
      Just a thought. :)
      Elli Gull
      PS: My husband and I won third in the local costume contest last night.
      We were pirates (of course). He wore a waistcoat made of distressed brown
      leather that I had recently finished and that he had never worn before; with
      a pair of unbleached linen sailor slops that I had just finished yesterday.
      The rest of his costume was tried and true - shirt, bandana, stockings,
      buckle shoes, swordbelt/sabre. He always smacks people with his sword (often
      accidentally) when he's in a crowded room. I wore my stays, which I've dyed
      purple and been doing embroidery on, black and white striped stockings, a
      historically incorrect short skirt, pirate boots, and belt with pistol,
      dagger and purse. Oh and a headscarf and tricorne. It is always so much fun
      to dress up!
      Thank you to everyone who makes this group so great. Hang in there and
      don't let spammers break up this group!
    • artemisiakore
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 3, 2002
        <<--- In TheCostumersManifesto@y..., "Elli Gull" <sjcolors@r...>
        wrote: Does anyone else wish that people would not include the
        original message when they replied to posts? Having these very long
        messages posted repeatedly is pretty distracting, especially when
        they are spam.>>

        Yes, but it's worse when someone replies and does not make it clear
        who or what they are replying to.

        AK