Re: Corsets

  • Becky Lee
    Message 1 of 28 , Oct 20, 2002
      Ahhhhhh boning...

      I think I mentioned this on a thread about corsets in another group
      ages ago, but for boning I've been using 1/4" polyethelene tubing.
      You can buy it at hardware stores. Around here they use it to hook
      water to evaporative coolers. It's really cheap stuff. If you cut
      it straight across and don't fit it in channels too snugly, you won't
      have a problem with it pushing through. It's flexible and machine
      washable. It has a slight curve to it, but I've used it on straight
      elizabethan corsets successfully. I can say its a bit more bulky
      than rigilene boning. I have also used it to hold out panniers and
      hoops. As far as I know it comes in 4 colors, I have copper
      colored. Recently I made a pink "diamonds are a girls best friend"
      Marilyn Monroe and boned the inner bodice shell with it, worked great!

      Becky