Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] seeking advise.RE: chain mail

  • Stickfries@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 14, 2002
      It is true that you can knit the maille with string or yarn. I do not,
      however, have a pattern. I work at Dodgers and the look of the maille is
      simply a tunic and leggings. If you know how to knit you could probably whip
      this up. Another option would be to possibly go to a thrift store and get a
      knitted simple sweater and paint it up. You could probably just use black
      leggings. Or I have started seeing some knitted fabric sold by the yard in
      stores. You could make the armour by using felt and Sculpt or Coat, but this
      is a whole process. Sculpt or Coat has a website with some info on how to
      achieve this affect. Hope that this helps.

      Kimberly
    • peggy salvail
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 14, 2002
        Please tell me what is the web site for Sculpt or Coat
        and where might you purchase it. I live in AZ ty Peggy

        http://faith.yahoo.com