Job info forwards & USITT Info

  • Tara Maginnis
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2001
      CUTTER/DRAPER POSITION OPEN

      School of Theatre and Dance at Northern Illinois University has a
      cutter/draper position open for next year. It is a 9 month full time
      staff
      position. BA or equivalent professional experience required. Knowledge
      of a
      variety of patterning techniques is required. NIU has an active BA/
      BFA/
      MFA program and is located 60 miles west of Chicago. 8 main stage
      productions are mounted each year. 2 of those are dance concerts. The
      spacious costume shop with windows consists of a teaching lab and a
      work
      room. The costume shop staff includes 3 graduate assistants, and
      excellent
      part time stitchers. This position will be opened until filled. .
      Interested people can contact me by phone or email. My address is
      lorijh@... and my phone number is 815-754-0126. I will be at the
      USITT
      conference in Long Beach.

      Please pass this on to qualified students and other interested parties
      Lori Hartenhoff
      =================================
      SUMMER JOBS:
      Idaho Repertory Theatre is seeking costume personnel for summer 2001.
      IRT is associated with the University of Idaho, located in Moscow, ID,
      small community of 20,000 with a very appreciative patronage. We do 4
      shows including an outdoor Shakespeare (Tempest). Positions available
      include: draper(s), stitchers and assistant designers. Contract is
      from
      Friday May 28 to August 7; draping and assistant positions could be
      shorter (May 28 - July 13). It's a friendly, fun group of people to
      work with - we try to play as hard as we work! Positions are paid and
      credit can be arranged also; draping position and assistant designer
      positions are ideal for graduate school students needing experience
      from
      another program. It is preferred stitchers have some experience, but
      this is also a great learning opportunity! Housing is provided and
      travel funds are possibly available.

      Please contact Kim Monk, Costume Shop Manager, with specific questions
      at
      208-885-6131 or email at
      kmonk@... Would like to fill positions by end of
      March.
      I will be in Long Beach if you would like to talk in person! Thanks!
      =============================
      USITT 2001 SUMMER COSTUME SYMPOSIUM - "THE ART OF PRESENTATION"
      The flier for the next summer symposium is on-line!! Go to the USITT
      web
      page
      www.USITT.org

      You will find a direct link to the symposium page on the USITT home
      page,
      or thru the Costume Commission home page!!

      Check it out! Registration numbers are limited, so start thinking
      about it
      now!!