Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Costume Rentals etc

  • Jasmine Tree
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 13, 2002

      Just an idea Dave, regarding building up your costume stock........costumes are time-consuming to make, but theatres sometimes have sales, selling off old stock, a great way to acquire some very nice stock....it may be an idea to email various theatres and inquire as to whether they do this and when......good luck with your project, it sounds like lots of fun.....

      Jasmine

       missouribud2001 <missouribud2001@...> wrote:

      I am in the process of researching supplies to open a small costume
      rental shop in a specialty mall in my home town.  I am needing
      resources on makeup (preferrably Ben Nye)  santa and Mrs Claus
      suits, easter bunny plus some masks (not scarey mostly character)
      and a few wigs and accessories.  I am looking for wholesale
      suppliers of any of these items and since Im just researching, I
      havent filed for my tax number so some places arent cordial (which I
      can understand).  I am also starting to build a base of homemade
      costumes which I'm making now.
      What I am looking for is catalogues and or websites that would help
      me get this started.  If anyone has any information that they would
      like to share please email me for my snail mail address...
      thanks and I love the group

      PS  I anyone knows where I can find an adjustable dress form.
      preferrabley used, but in good shape could you please let me know.

      Sincerely
      Dave