Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Costume Rentals etc

  • fanfetish@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 8, 2002
      Try EBay,or if you don't feel like bidding,Joanne.com has some reasonably priced ones. Robyn
    • Jasmine Tree
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 13, 2002

        Just an idea Dave, regarding building up your costume stock........costumes are time-consuming to make, but theatres sometimes have sales, selling off old stock, a great way to acquire some very nice stock....it may be an idea to email various theatres and inquire as to whether they do this and when......good luck with your project, it sounds like lots of fun.....

        Jasmine

         missouribud2001 <missouribud2001@...> wrote:

        I am in the process of researching supplies to open a small costume
        rental shop in a specialty mall in my home town.  I am needing
        resources on makeup (preferrably Ben Nye)  santa and Mrs Claus
        suits, easter bunny plus some masks (not scarey mostly character)
        and a few wigs and accessories.  I am looking for wholesale
        suppliers of any of these items and since Im just researching, I
        havent filed for my tax number so some places arent cordial (which I
        can understand).  I am also starting to build a base of homemade
        costumes which I'm making now.
        What I am looking for is catalogues and or websites that would help
        me get this started.  If anyone has any information that they would
        like to share please email me for my snail mail address...
        thanks and I love the group

        PS  I anyone knows where I can find an adjustable dress form.
        preferrabley used, but in good shape could you please let me know.

        Sincerely
        Dave