RE: [TheCostumersManifesto] Costume Rentals etc

  • Sasha
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 7, 2002

      >>I am looking for wholesale suppliers of any of these items and since Im just researching, I haven’t filed for my tax number so some places arent cordial (which I can understand

      If you want to go into business you must play the games that are required.  Get your tax ID, business card and some stationary.

      For the kind of store you seem to be describing I recommend you go to http://www.rubies.com/  and open a wholesale account.

      If memory serves me correctly their initial order must be $500 wholesale which should be no problem right before Halloween.  You better hurry if you intend to open this year- the season is almost over.

      Sasha

      www.neetstuff.com

    • fanfetish@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 8, 2002
        Try EBay,or if you don't feel like bidding,Joanne.com has some reasonably priced ones. Robyn
      • Jasmine Tree
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 13, 2002

          Just an idea Dave, regarding building up your costume stock........costumes are time-consuming to make, but theatres sometimes have sales, selling off old stock, a great way to acquire some very nice stock....it may be an idea to email various theatres and inquire as to whether they do this and when......good luck with your project, it sounds like lots of fun.....

          Jasmine

           missouribud2001 <missouribud2001@...> wrote:

          I am in the process of researching supplies to open a small costume
          rental shop in a specialty mall in my home town.  I am needing
          resources on makeup (preferrably Ben Nye)  santa and Mrs Claus
          suits, easter bunny plus some masks (not scarey mostly character)
          and a few wigs and accessories.  I am looking for wholesale
          suppliers of any of these items and since Im just researching, I
          havent filed for my tax number so some places arent cordial (which I
          can understand).  I am also starting to build a base of homemade
          costumes which I'm making now.
          What I am looking for is catalogues and or websites that would help
          me get this started.  If anyone has any information that they would
          like to share please email me for my snail mail address...
          thanks and I love the group

          PS  I anyone knows where I can find an adjustable dress form.
          preferrabley used, but in good shape could you please let me know.

          Sincerely
          Dave