Costume Rentals etc

  • missouribud2001
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 7, 2002
      I am in the process of researching supplies to open a small costume
      rental shop in a specialty mall in my home town. I am needing
      resources on makeup (preferrably Ben Nye) santa and Mrs Claus
      suits, easter bunny plus some masks (not scarey mostly character)
      and a few wigs and accessories. I am looking for wholesale
      suppliers of any of these items and since Im just researching, I
      havent filed for my tax number so some places arent cordial (which I
      can understand). I am also starting to build a base of homemade
      costumes which I'm making now.
      What I am looking for is catalogues and or websites that would help
      me get this started. If anyone has any information that they would
      like to share please email me for my snail mail address...
      thanks and I love the group

      PS I anyone knows where I can find an adjustable dress form.
      preferrabley used, but in good shape could you please let me know.

      Sincerely
      Dave
    • Sasha
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 7, 2002

        >>I am looking for wholesale suppliers of any of these items and since Im just researching, I haven’t filed for my tax number so some places arent cordial (which I can understand

        If you want to go into business you must play the games that are required.  Get your tax ID, business card and some stationary.

        For the kind of store you seem to be describing I recommend you go to http://www.rubies.com/  and open a wholesale account.

        If memory serves me correctly their initial order must be $500 wholesale which should be no problem right before Halloween.  You better hurry if you intend to open this year- the season is almost over.

        Sasha

        www.neetstuff.com

      • fanfetish@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 8, 2002
          Try EBay,or if you don't feel like bidding,Joanne.com has some reasonably priced ones. Robyn
        • Jasmine Tree