Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Covering Corset Suggestion

  • Sarah P
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 26, 2001
      Regular old spray paint might crack and peel, but there is paint made for
      fabric and shoes that might work without so much cracking. Peeling on
      fabric might not be any problem. If the fabric already has the "snakeskin"
      pattern on it, it might not take dye on the "scales" themselves. Or it
      might. I wouldn't know since I don't work with the stuff. If it doesn't,
      I'd use fabric paint with a paintbrush and paint each scale by hand. Time
      consuming maybe, but it would work. If it is real snakeskin, a leather dye
      would dye it well, so would RIT dye, if my hands and nails are any
      indication. No, I don't dye too much with bare hands, but sometimes I spill
      or the glove has a hole in it I don't know about until later. Good luck!

      ****Raven