Dying Corset

  • Yvonne Rush
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 26, 2001
      Hello, I am a new member to the group and know very little about costuming
      but I joined as I have always had a fascination with historical costumes.
      The sites I have found since joining have been awesome and I find the posts
      about what other members are making amazing. So if my suggestion for
      Jessies' corset is way off base please just laugh and ignore this post.
      There is a product called wonda-web or something similar, it is used mainly
      for patchwork and applique. Your iron it on one piece of fabric, remove the
      backing then iron it on to your other piece. Could this be a possibility
      for the corset?. Only a low heat is required so it shouldn't damage the
      snakeskin. Any joins along the seams could be covered in a matching braid
      or trim. If silk or a similar fabric was used it shouldn't add much bulk to
      the garment and as it would be on the outside would not alter the fit at
      all.
      Trying to be helpful

      Yvonne - NZ