Pulled Silk Trim

  • iom315
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 10 2:20 AM
      I hope I am using the correct term to describe a gathered trim that
      has "fluffy" edges. This trim has been used on lampshades and
      lingerie. While in the French Quarter of New Orleans I recently saw
      it used to trim an evening jacket.

      Can anyone give information on making this "turn of the century" trim.
      Thanks,
      IOM315
    • vintageconnection
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 10 10:42 AM
        Hmm...can you find a pic and post it?

        The only trims that come immediately to mind are fringing and
        ruching. If you go to the left hand side menu and click on "Photos"
        and then open up the file called "Trim," I've posted a pic of
        ruching. It can look many different ways, but essentially its a piece
        of fabric with one or more gathering threads down the middle; you
        pull up the gathering threads and get a "fluffy" trim. I will send
        along better instructions if this is the sort of trim you're
        referring to.

        Kristina