Re: Re: Hello- Colleges

  • yum-yi
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 9, 2002
      > Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2002 13:39:09 -0700 (PDT)
      > From: peggy salvail <psalvail@...>
      > Subject: Re: Hello
      >
      > Hi, if you can go to your local Junior College and
      > take the basics first. It's cheeper and you get
      > them
      > out of the way.

      I dont know what things are like in the USA, but here,
      not everything is transferable. And not every school
      requires the same "basics". For instance, NONE of the
      stuff I did at one school for two years is
      transferable (credit wise) to the school I'm in now.
      If I did want to "use" it.. I would have to challenge
      the class, pay the tuition for the class (again), and
      write the final for it (again). Going to a smaller
      local school though is MUCH cheaper (sometimes) then
      going to a larger school if you have to move away for
      it. But check first with the school you hope to end
      up at to finish your education, to ensure that what
      you are taking locally will be transferable, and
      actually nessesary at your other school. Keep in
      mind, that assumes you will get into the school you
      want to. A lot of school programs are getting harder
      and harder to get into. The department I'm in now,
      more then 700 people applied, about 200 made it to the
      portfolio/interview portion, and about 100 actually
      got in. Ouch. The school I went to before - about 70
      people applied, and about 35 got in. Much nicer odds.
      lol.
      -Dawn

      http://finance.yahoo.com