Victor/Victoria

  • Grrmum@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 21, 2001
      Teddy here! Thanks for the input ,my brain is being nicely diverted...The
      stage show is set in the 20-30 era the girls are being lifted and turned
      upside down and will need suppleness too, not quite associated w corsets
      Thanks for the idea I may put the leading lady in one!
      Teddy
    • Siebel San
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 22, 2001
        --- Grrmum@... wrote:
        > Teddy here! Thanks for the input ,my brain is being
        > nicely diverted...The
        > stage show is set in the 20-30 era the girls are being
        > lifted and turned
        > upside down and will need suppleness too, not quite
        > associated w corsets
        > Thanks for the idea I may put the leading lady in one!
        > Teddy

        Try plastic boning instead of metal - it gives support but
        isn't as stiff and constraining.

        -Jessie

        =====
        - - - - - - - - - -

      • Liz Martin
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 22, 2001
          on 2/22/01 5:30 AM, Siebel San at siebelsan@... wrote:

          > --- Grrmum@... wrote:
          >> Teddy here! Thanks for the input ,my brain is being
          >> nicely diverted...The
          >> stage show is set in the 20-30 era the girls are being
          >> lifted and turned
          >> upside down and will need suppleness too, not quite
          >> associated w corsets
          >> Thanks for the idea I may put the leading lady in one!
          >> Teddy
          >>
          > Try plastic boning instead of metal - it gives support but
          > isn't as stiff and constraining.
          >
          > -Jessie

          Another boning idea is to use zip ties or electrical ties. I get the widest
          possible (about 3/8" I think) they can about 48" long. Make for wonderfully
          boning in corsets, and yes, they are strong enough! Also a lot easier to
          size them to the patteren rather than the other way around!
          Liz