another virus to beware of, too...

  • Sarah P
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 16, 2002
      And speaking of this virus, I've just seen and deleted the "Hi" virus from
      my school e-mail--AGAIN. I thought it had been eradicated by the anti-virus
      program last year, but it seems to still be floating around. This one isn't
      very fun for your computer. If you don't remember what it was, the "Hi"
      virus uses a person's address for its own with the subject heading "Hi". It
      contains a message about having a screensaver in the accompanying attachment
      and that it is "in a harry" for you to open the attachment. Key word is
      HARRY, posing for 'hurry'. There were several people at school last year
      whose computers were wiped clean and crashed by this virus, the crashing
      caused by the virus replicating itself and stuffing e-mail inboxes with
      hundreds of copies of itself.

      ----Raven