RE: [TheCostumersManifesto] Mens Victorian Bathing Costume

  • Julia Logan Trimarco
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 15 3:40 PM

      I would stay away from cotton lycra, since most suits were black or navy,
      and cotton lycra tends to fade in dark colors, and won't look as much like
      wool.
      There is a catalog for silk long underwear called WinterSilks. They use silk
      because it is lighter weight and more comfortable than wool, but wicks
      moisture away from the skin, unlike cotton, so you won't get a chill if you
      sweat. They may have a union suit you could alter to make a Victorian
      bathing suit, I believe they have lycra blends.
      -jypsie