Re: Moulin Rouge/Corsets

  • neimhaille
    Message 1 of 42 , Aug 8, 2002
      > I don't know about the consumption thing, but I do know
      > Nicole Kidman had bruises all around her hips and ribcage
      > from the corsets she wore...
      > -Jessica (with your useless trivia for the day)

      Well that was more to do with her being thrown around and doing
      lifts.. in the corset. I mean it didn't help but it wasn't actually
      the cause. If she had've been as she said sittign around doing a
      period movie with tea and maybe walking it wouldn't have been a
      problem. But they are doing far more physical things than normally
      associated with corset wear.

      Caroline O'Conner or Nicole I can't recall also said that doing high
      kicks were near impossible, and yeah, it is in a reasonably fitting
      corset too, at least one that extends to the hips. Been there, done
      that, bent the busk;)

      You might see during the Sparkling Diamond scene Nicole does a low
      kick which would have been much higher if she was wearing saying a
      unitard:)

      But to answer another question rather than make another email,
      Staine was *not* fainting from her corsets... they did not cause
      fainting and swooning, you can attribute that (the small number of
      cases where it did occur) to over heating from the huge amount of
      clothing, the wieght of the clothing, the poor ventilation in the
      ballrooms (you know what it's like when there is a press of bodies
      all warm from dancing) rather than the corset itself. It certainly
      wouldn't have helped once you were hyperventilating, but I've had
      that experience in just a fitting costume.. twice.

      It was the consumption, and she makes a joke of it at the start: "Oh
      Marie.. these, silly costumes" but that was more about putting on a
      brave front. Satine didn't know what was going on, but it was
      frightening. Marie realised after the first one in the movie as
      there was blood on the handkerchief.

      michaela
    • peggy salvail
      Message 42 of 42 , Aug 16, 2002
        OH Dear, you will be soooo dissapointed in me. I was
        there for a wedding and did not have a car at my
        disposal pluss I didn't not find out about the good
        deals on fabric till the day i was ready to leave.
        Pluss side is My sis still lives there so I could get
        her to send me something eh! I am a bit dissapointed
        but maybe i can make another trip there in the future
        and now I know. take care Peggy

        --- yum-yi <candyjgirl@...> wrote:
        > Yes, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. I
        > sometimes
        > forget that there is also a town in Northern
        > Washington just along the border called Vancouver
        > too.
        > hehe
        > I hope that while you were there, you took advantage
        > of all the fabric stores!!!! I miss it so dearly now
        > that I am in a smaller center!
        > -Dawn
        >
        > --- peggy salvail <psalvail@...> wrote:
        > > to bad I didn''t know I just returned from
        > vancouver
        > > Oh that was Canada right? take care Peggy

        HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs
        http://www.hotjobs.com