Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] v. puppetry

  • Siebel San
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 8, 2002
      Can't say I have any great ideas, but I'd sure like to see
      the finished products :-)
      -Jessie (Yeah, I know, I'm useless)

      > > Hi all, I just received a commission for a traveling
      > > drag king show, the Men of Club Casanova (look for
      > > them in a queer bar near you this fall!)
      > >
      > > The performer (Pat Riarch) needs a 5 foot vulva
      > > puppet - her head to go through the vaginal opening.
      > > The thing is, it needs to be collapsible for travel.
      > >

      > > I was tentatively thinking of using tent poles,
      > > which can collapse down, as an internal structure...
      > > that is, take the poles out, fold them down. Then
      > > the vulva is just fabric and foam that can be rolled
      > > up...
      > >
      > > Any better ideas on how to do it?
      > > I also need to make a "Captain Cock" costume - does
      > > anyone know where to find fake chickens that glow in
      > > the NYC area? Also, any reccomendations on how to
      > > pad a lycra suit to give the impression of superhero
      > > muscles?
      > >
      > > regards,
      > > Sir Real
      > > (drag king, gender funking thing, and sometime
      > > costumer)

      =====
      HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs
      http://www.hotjobs.com
    • Julia Logan Trimarco
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 9, 2002
        >From: Siebel San <siebelsan@...>
        any reccomendations on how to pad a lycra suit to give the impression of
        superhero muscles?

        Neoprene might work, it comes in various thicknesses, and is nice and dense,
        so may look more real than something with more loft. It can be shaped at the
        edges with a razor blade, so you don't get hard edges. I would put a lycra
        unitard on a dress form with legs, and sew the neoprene on top, then, put
        another unitard on top to encase the neoprene.
        -jypsie