Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Moulin Rouge/Corsets

  • rjones4
    Message 1 of 42 , Aug 8, 2002
      Hi!

      The corsets made breathing more difficult.  The ladies could only take in shallow breaths and this led to fainting spells and other restrictions on anything that required physical exhertion.  The "consumption" was more than likely tuberculosis which is a horrible infection.

      The disease can ravage the body.  TB is still a big problem for society as there are a number of drug resistant strains and people don't follow the full medical treatment schedules, in turn, creating even more drug resistant strains of TB.  I hope this helps.

      Best regards,

      Ray Jones AKA Bunkeybear
      Message 42 of 42 , Aug 16, 2002
        OH Dear, you will be soooo dissapointed in me. I was
        there for a wedding and did not have a car at my
        disposal pluss I didn't not find out about the good
        deals on fabric till the day i was ready to leave.
        Pluss side is My sis still lives there so I could get
        her to send me something eh! I am a bit dissapointed
        but maybe i can make another trip there in the future
        and now I know. take care Peggy

        --- yum-yi <candyjgirl@...> wrote:
        > Yes, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. I
        > sometimes
        > forget that there is also a town in Northern
        > Washington just along the border called Vancouver
        > too.
        > hehe
        > I hope that while you were there, you took advantage
        > of all the fabric stores!!!! I miss it so dearly now
        > that I am in a smaller center!
        > -Dawn
        >
        > --- peggy salvail <psalvail@...> wrote:
        > > to bad I didn''t know I just returned from
        > vancouver
        > > Oh that was Canada right? take care Peggy

        HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs
        http://www.hotjobs.com