Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] v. puppetry

  • Flapper Gal
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 7, 2002
      Hi Sir,

      Well, not sure if this will help or not but if you
      can't find any glow chickens in NY you might try the
      Archie McPhee site www.mcphee.com or even calling them
      since they have *much more* stuff available there.
      Also, if I recall correctly they have a whole section
      of glow stuff.

      If you don't have any luck there, I have some great
      glow in the dark paint (can't recall what brand right
      now but could let you know) that would probably work
      well for you but painting a lot of chickens would be
      tedious!

      Good Luck,

      Flapper

      --- Sir Real <sirreal@...> wrote:
      > Hi all, I just received a commission for a traveling
      > drag king show, the Men of Club Casanova (look for
      > them in a queer bar near you this fall!)
      >
      > The performer (Pat Riarch) needs a 5 foot vulva
      > puppet - her head to go through the vaginal opening.
      > The thing is, it needs to be collapsible for travel.
      >

      > I was tentatively thinking of using tent poles,
      > which can collapse down, as an internal structure...
      > that is, take the poles out, fold them down. Then
      > the vulva is just fabric and foam that can be rolled
      > up...
      >
      > Any better ideas on how to do it?
      > I also need to make a "Captain Cock" costume - does
      > anyone know where to find fake chickens that glow in
      > the NYC area? Also, any reccomendations on how to
      > pad a lycra suit to give the impression of superhero
      > muscles?
      >
      > regards,
      > Sir Real
      > (drag king, gender funking thing, and sometime
      > costumer)

      HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs
      http://www.hotjobs.com
    • Sir Real
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 8, 2002
        Thank you, I'd never heard of McPhee! What I need is just one cockerel, but, it must glow quite brightly... a translucent bird I can put flashlights in might do it... wish me luck!

        On Wed, 7 Aug 2002 23:57:01 Flapper Gal wrote:

        >Hi Sir,
        >
        >Well, not sure if this will help or not but if you
        >can't find any glow chickens in NY you might try the
        >Archie McPhee site www.mcphee.com or even calling them
        >since they have *much more* stuff available there.
        >Also, if I recall correctly they have a whole section
        >of glow stuff.
        >
        >If you don't have any luck there, I have some great
        >glow in the dark paint (can't recall what brand right
        >now but could let you know) that would probably work
        >well for you but painting a lot of chickens would be
        >tedious!
        >

        >Good Luck,
        >
        >Flapper
        >

        >--- Sir Real <sirreal@...> wrote:
        >> Hi all, I just received a commission for a traveling
        >> drag king show, the Men of Club Casanova (look for
        >> them in a queer bar near you this fall!)
        >>
        >> The performer (Pat Riarch) needs a 5 foot vulva
        >> puppet - her head to go through the vaginal opening.
        >> The thing is, it needs to be collapsible for travel.
        >>

        >> I was tentatively thinking of using tent poles,
        >> which can collapse down, as an internal structure...
        >> that is, take the poles out, fold them down. Then
        >> the vulva is just fabric and foam that can be rolled
        >> up...
        >>
        >> Any better ideas on how to do it?
        >> I also need to make a "Captain Cock" costume - does
        >> anyone know where to find fake chickens that glow in
        >> the NYC area? Also, any reccomendations on how to
        >> pad a lycra suit to give the impression of superhero
        >> muscles?
        >>
        >> regards,
        >> Sir Real
        >> (drag king, gender funking thing, and sometime
        >> costumer)

      • Siebel San
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 8, 2002
          Can't say I have any great ideas, but I'd sure like to see
          the finished products :-)
          -Jessie (Yeah, I know, I'm useless)

          =====
          HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs
          http://www.hotjobs.com
        • Julia Logan Trimarco
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 9, 2002
            >From: Siebel San <siebelsan@...>
            any reccomendations on how to pad a lycra suit to give the impression of
            superhero muscles?

            Neoprene might work, it comes in various thicknesses, and is nice and dense,
            so may look more real than something with more loft. It can be shaped at the
            edges with a razor blade, so you don't get hard edges. I would put a lycra
            unitard on a dress form with legs, and sew the neoprene on top, then, put
            another unitard on top to encase the neoprene.
            -jypsie