RE: [TheCostumersManifesto] Pattern for a Spandex/Lycra bodysuit

  • lee
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 6, 2002
      I've had good luck making gloves this way (I like elbow-length with
      marabou feathers at the top...)

      Spread your fingers as wide apart as possible and trace around your
      hand onto paper. Include your arm as far as you want the glove to
      reach.
      Place pattern on stretchy fabric with the greatest stretch going across
      your fingers. Pin the paper down or trace around the pattern.
      Using a stretch stitch or small zig-zag, sew on the traced line without
      cutting out the fabric first. Remove paper if necessary.
      Trim seams to less than 1/4", turn right side out and try on.
      Make second glove (you can probably use the same pattern piece unless
      your hands are very different in size).

      Lee

      >What I would do is find a glove pattern

      http://health.yahoo.com
    • blondiejar
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 8, 2002
        Thank you Jackie, Michaela, and Lee...

        for your help. I certainly appreciate your responses. They have
        definitely sent me in the right direction to creating my costume. In
        fact, a link on The Costumer's Manifesto led me to Kwik Sew - they
        carry a pattern for bodysuits. Thanks again, and best wishes to all.

        Craig

        --- In TheCostumersManifesto@y..., "blondiejar" <serrecuir@h...>