19th century French military uniforms

  • paul_barlow_99
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 5, 2002
      Hi,

      I'm involved in a movie project centering around the Sino-French
      battles at Keelung and Tamshui (North Taiwan) in 1884. If anyone can
      tell me where I can find details of French naval and marine uniforms
      of this period, I'd sure appreciate it! Please post here or email me -
      - paul_barlow_99@...

      Thanks !!
    • Suzi Clarke
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 5, 2002
        In Paris there is a Maritime Museum - it may be in the old Quai D'Orsay
        station but I am not sure - I lent my Paris guide to someone and it has not
        been returned. I suggest you try a search for it - I know they have
        uniforms there as I once had to reproduce a uniform of 1768 from an
        original in the Museum.
        Suzi
      • Suzi Clarke
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 5, 2002
          Not the Musee d'Orsay
          http://www.paris.org/Musees/Marine/
          Suzi
        • paul_barlow_99
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 5, 2002
            That's great, Suzi, thank you! I just went to their website -- it
            sounds like exactly what we're looking for! :-)

            PaulB