mannequin help

  • dblackthistle
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 4 12:34 PM

      Hello,
        I have attached a few pictures of a dress I have on exhibit...but, the
      mannequin creeps me out !
      It looks like something that would come alive on Dr. Who.....does anyone
      have any ideas of anything I can do to it to make it look better ?  Bear in
      mind, I can sew, I cannot paint :)
      Our mannequin is packed for the move, so I used theirs. (Ours HAS a face
      lol)

      Commemoration of the 150th Anniversary of the Civil War
      July 26th-September 10th
      Camden, Maine

      thanks,
      diana

    • kymcouture

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 6 8:33 AM
          What about printing an oval face the size you need on some card stock.  You could then slip it under the hair of the wig?
          If it were not a traveling outfit I would say use a decorative eye mask.
          Personally, it just looks like a mannequin to me.  I guess after years in retail clothing I
          don't notice mannequins or the the lack of painted on features.
          The gown and bonnet are beautiful, you certainly don't want to detract from them.
          DL Dixon
          Ides of March Design Group, Ltd.