RE: Searching the Fabric Stores. & Selling my textiles...

  • kneebytr
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 30 11:49 AM
      If they use candles or bonfires they mat wish to use natural fiber cloth, or alt least a poly/cotton blend. They are more flame resistant than poly/rayon, and won't melt and stick to you when they do catch fire. Some poly/ rayon may be treated to be flame retardant, like Halloween costumes, but a lot of folks who have Scout, camping, or historical reenactment experience prefer natural fibers, especially after putting out someone that had a coal or ember pop out of a fire onto a fleece or poly/vinyl quilted jacket. --- In thecostumersmanifesto@yahoogroups.com, <Wade@...> wrote: Hey guys, I am making some ritual robes using the butte rick wizard robe/ costume pattern #4050, but I have been advised by a High Priestess whom I trust to use a poly-rayon blend (they'll be basic black, though the bell sleeves will be lined in a scrumptious cardinal red satin). Generally where, within a fabric store, should I find fabric in near equal proportions of polyester and rayon? The manager of my local Joanne's seemed ill-qualified to assist me. I poured over the polyester fabric and saw nothing there! :( ....Just poly-cotton blends. And finally, if I should decide to sell any of my hand-made textiles, if there a formula that I could use for calculating a minimum cost to charge for my items?__,

      _._,___

    • Wade MacMorrighan
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 2, 2013
        Hey guys, I thought you might like my personal sewing blog. It's new but intended to track my progress as a new Pagan Sewist: http://clothosloom.blogspot.com/2013/09/the-lunatic-fringe.html Considering the theme if my latest entry, I am very curious about the bad fabric shopping experiences of others.