how can a child turn into grape ?

  • sandcrabcake
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 29, 2002
      I need to make a child blow up into a grape on stage... or at least
      some how suggest this. (Violet Beauregard in 'Charlie in the
      Chocolate Factory') Approaches I've been wondering about :
      How do life jackets inflate ? OR
      There are small child tents, where the wire structure sort of folds
      up for storage and springs open for use. Would there be any way to
      use something like this ?
      Has anybody ever seen someone inflate on stage ?? If anyone has any
      idea, I'd really appreciate it !
    • DARK GOD
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 29, 2002
        dont know when you need this for but any way at halloween there is a company
        that sells inflatable costumes pumpkin fat witch that kinda thing you can
        get an inflatable fat bastard costume from www.hollywood-costumes.com put
        that under your outfit and stick an air line to the valve it will be up in
        seconds just be carefull not to over inflate as it could go pop (i dont
        think thay are that well constructed you could always reinforce the seams
        with gaffa tape
        i hope this helps

        >From: "sandcrabcake" <bethbuck@...>
        >To: TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [TheCostumersManifesto] how can a child turn into grape ?
        >Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 11:29:49 -0000
        >
        >I need to make a child blow up into a grape on stage... or at least
        >some how suggest this. (Violet Beauregard in 'Charlie in the
        >Chocolate Factory') Approaches I've been wondering about :
        >How do life jackets inflate ? OR
        >There are small child tents, where the wire structure sort of folds
        >up for storage and springs open for use. Would there be any way to
        >use something like this ?
        >Has anybody ever seen someone inflate on stage ?? If anyone has any
        >idea, I'd really appreciate it !

      • sylvia
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 29, 2002
          Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] how can a child turn into grape ? on 7/29/02 5:29 AM, sandcrabcake at bethbuck@... wrote:

          I need to make a child blow up into a grape on stage... or at least
          some how suggest this.  (Violet Beauregard in 'Charlie in the
          Chocolate Factory') Approaches I've been wondering about :
          How do life jackets inflate ?  OR
          There are small child tents, where the wire structure sort of folds
          up for storage and springs open for use.  Would there be any way to
          use something like this ?
          Has anybody ever seen someone inflate on stage ?? If anyone has any
          idea, I'd really appreciate it !

          I did this show a few years back.  We built a pair of inflatable underpants out of ripstop nylon or vinyl (I forget which) and then had her back up to an air compressor.
          The pants were constructed kind of like pumpkin pants, out of wedges that would expand when filled with air.  Over these she wore a dress.  Music kind of drowned out the noise from the compressor.

          Sylvia Rognstad
          --
          Divinity Designs and Emeralds
          http://www.d-e-designs.com