Re: boning

  • feltedfigures
    Message 1 of 32 , Jul 18, 2013
      Interesting video. My only problem with it, is that she laces it completely closed at the back. A corset should have a gap down the back lacing, otherwise there's no breathing or room for movement.

      I saw a corset displayed this way at the costume museum in Paris of all places and it pissed me off That's not how corsets are worn.

      Edwina
      Www.dollstreetdreamers.com
      Online learning and creative fun!
      Sent from my iPad
    • Pat Rohrbach
      Message 32 of 32 , Jul 22, 2013
        Yes I knew that sorry, not a fan of hook and loop so I will not be using
        that. I have the wonder fabric called not sure of spelling - - Foss shape
        well it is like foss shape but better, you can sew it and shape it and them
        steam it and it hardens to the shape you want. I made the crown for The
        Producers out of it and it worked very well. I think I will try that covered
        in the same fabric as the bodice with trim yet to be determined. A dear
        friend of my who taught costume design at a local university here convinced
        me that I will have to make the back of the bodice square and not the v
        shape of the pattern in order for the large collar to work . That is what I
        was trying to avoid but it is what it is . So I will need to cut a new back
        and lining and boning darn it !! Tks for your suggestions and help.

        Pattyjo