Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Re: boning

  • Diana Thompson
    Message 1 of 32 , Jul 18, 2013
      I must add that that is impressive,and that corset came out beautifully.
      However, I have to say something and need to word it right, as I mean no
      disrespect. I disagree that a larger woman ( I mean plus sized, not just
      larger bosomed) would be able to do this. I base this solely on working
      with many (including a customer right now). She has a hard time even
      fastening a standard bra, and has no upper arm strength or dexterity. Any
      type of fitted garment is a challenge for them. I have seen this in enough
      larger people to realise
      that it seems to be the norm. There are of course exceptions, but I think
      the average larger woman would have a hard time. And yes, I do agree, a two
      minute costume vhange
      window is very nice !!

      --
      M.diana thompson
      www.blackthistledesigns.com

      *As A Courtesy To Others... When Forwarding Emails, Please ALWAYS without
      being reminded, Delete Sender's Information, And Send Bcc To Prevent Spam
      And ID Theft.*

    • Pat Rohrbach
      Message 32 of 32 , Jul 22, 2013
        Yes I knew that sorry, not a fan of hook and loop so I will not be using
        that. I have the wonder fabric called not sure of spelling - - Foss shape
        well it is like foss shape but better, you can sew it and shape it and them
        steam it and it hardens to the shape you want. I made the crown for The
        Producers out of it and it worked very well. I think I will try that covered
        in the same fabric as the bodice with trim yet to be determined. A dear
        friend of my who taught costume design at a local university here convinced
        me that I will have to make the back of the bodice square and not the v
        shape of the pattern in order for the large collar to work . That is what I
        was trying to avoid but it is what it is . So I will need to cut a new back
        and lining and boning darn it !! Tks for your suggestions and help.

        Pattyjo