RE: [TheCostumersManifesto] Re: boning

  • Pat Rohrbach
    Message 1 of 32 , Jul 16, 2013
      I agree, that is the zip I am using a separating one heavy duty. I am going
      to make the top of the dress and the skirt 2 separate pieces. So I can get
      into the top easy and have some one zip it up and don't have to extend the
      zip to the skirt part.

      Pattyjo

      On 2013-07-16, at 2:12 PM, thecostumersmanifesto wrote:

      > --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com
      <mailto:TheCostumersManifesto%40yahoogroups.com> , "GCKidd" <gckidd@...>

    • Pat Rohrbach
      Message 32 of 32 , Jul 22, 2013
        Yes I knew that sorry, not a fan of hook and loop so I will not be using
        that. I have the wonder fabric called not sure of spelling - - Foss shape
        well it is like foss shape but better, you can sew it and shape it and them
        steam it and it hardens to the shape you want. I made the crown for The
        Producers out of it and it worked very well. I think I will try that covered
        in the same fabric as the bodice with trim yet to be determined. A dear
        friend of my who taught costume design at a local university here convinced
        me that I will have to make the back of the bodice square and not the v
        shape of the pattern in order for the large collar to work . That is what I
        was trying to avoid but it is what it is . So I will need to cut a new back
        and lining and boning darn it !! Tks for your suggestions and help.

        Pattyjo