Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Re: boning

  • Ed and/or Kathryn Belzer
    Message 1 of 32 , Jul 16, 2013
      Yes, we did by times. We also used big hooks and eyes and velcro and combinations of fasteners, (including the odd zip with hooks and straps at pressure points) .
      On 2013-07-16, at 1:39 PM, Pat Rohrbach wrote:

      > So what did you use for closures ? whopper poppers ?
      >
      > Pattyjo

    • Pat Rohrbach
      Message 32 of 32 , Jul 22, 2013
        Yes I knew that sorry, not a fan of hook and loop so I will not be using
        that. I have the wonder fabric called not sure of spelling - - Foss shape
        well it is like foss shape but better, you can sew it and shape it and them
        steam it and it hardens to the shape you want. I made the crown for The
        Producers out of it and it worked very well. I think I will try that covered
        in the same fabric as the bodice with trim yet to be determined. A dear
        friend of my who taught costume design at a local university here convinced
        me that I will have to make the back of the bodice square and not the v
        shape of the pattern in order for the large collar to work . That is what I
        was trying to avoid but it is what it is . So I will need to cut a new back
        and lining and boning darn it !! Tks for your suggestions and help.

        Pattyjo