RE: [TheCostumersManifesto] Re: boning

  • Pat Rohrbach
    Message 1 of 32 , Jul 11 1:30 PM
      Thank you so much , I think I will place the zip in the back. I think there
      will be someone to zip me up back stage. I got a 22in polyester all-purpose
      zipper do not see any numbers on it ?? like 5 or ?? This is going into a
      dress not a corset, will this zip work ?

      https://photos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/295669_451463011599607_583217035_
      s.jpg

      Pattyjo

      #5 zipper. Yeah, they aren't invulnerable...but if they can stand up to a
      summer of quick changes into and out of dance numbers for us, I think you'll
      be okay for a few nights of quick-changing into it for a few minutes of
      standing on stage. I would trust a zipper a lot more than I would trust
      Velcro in that situation...

      --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com
      <mailto:TheCostumersManifesto%40yahoogroups.com> , "Pat Rohrbach"
      <pattyjo110@...> wrote:

      > I have a question for you all, I am making an Elizabethan dress for a plus
      > size woman. I am making the size 24 pattern . The pattern calls for
      grommets
      > and lacing but since she needs to get in and out fast I decided to put a
      > zipper instead.

    • Pat Rohrbach
      Message 32 of 32 , Jul 22 10:38 AM
        Yes I knew that sorry, not a fan of hook and loop so I will not be using
        that. I have the wonder fabric called not sure of spelling - - Foss shape
        well it is like foss shape but better, you can sew it and shape it and them
        steam it and it hardens to the shape you want. I made the crown for The
        Producers out of it and it worked very well. I think I will try that covered
        in the same fabric as the bodice with trim yet to be determined. A dear
        friend of my who taught costume design at a local university here convinced
        me that I will have to make the back of the bodice square and not the v
        shape of the pattern in order for the large collar to work . That is what I
        was trying to avoid but it is what it is . So I will need to cut a new back
        and lining and boning darn it !! Tks for your suggestions and help.

        Pattyjo