RE: [TheCostumersManifesto] "Anything Goes" sailor costumes

  • Kathy Hoover
    Message 1 of 12 , May 18 10:20 PM
      At 02:39 PM 5/18/2012, you wrote:

      >ALOHA: I was involved in this show back in 2000, and as I recall,
      >there are not actual US Navy sailors on the ship. There are the
      >crew members of the ship who are sailors, but not military sailors.

      If that's the case, that they're in the Merchant Marine, maybe you
      should think Popeye. If you've seen any of the really old Popeye
      cartoons from the 30's, Popeye and Bluto wore white bell bottoms and
      navy blue button-front tops with rolled up sleeves (and Popeye had a
      white collar trimmed with red). They wore white oBut the other guys
      on board ship with them
      http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3p5if_popeye-the-sailor_news