Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Re: Finding the Facebook Group

  • Ed and/or Kathryn Belzer
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 1, 2013
      Are you in Canada? I'm going to try it from Nova Scotia and see...
      On 2013-02-01, at 7:39 AM, Mandy Fisher wrote:

      > Even though I followed the link below, it still doesn't show up in the
      > search box.
      >
      > I think it's country settings. I'm pretty sure Facebook is stopping people
      > from other countries from seeing certain "business" groups.
      >
      > When the request is approved, I'll see if it even turns up in my list of
      > groups.
      >
      > Mandy
      >
      > On 1 February 2013 17:59, J Lougart@...> wrote:
      >
      > > I've copy and pasted the link below.
      > >
      > > https://www.facebook.com/groups/118139801697054/?fref=ts
      > >
      > > I keep trying to figure out why some of us our finding it in "search" and
      > > others don't. Be sure you type "THE Costumer's Manifesto" not simply
      > > "Costumer's Manifesto".
      > >
      > > I'm wondering if it is a browser or OS issue? I have tried searching on
      > > both my Mac and my Windows 7 computers, using Safari, Firefox and Internet
      > > Explorer. Typing in "The Costumer's Manifesto" and it comes up in Groups
      > > every time. I don't have an iPhone or Blueberry, so have not check that
      > > way. I'll keep trying to help get this issue solve.
      > >
      > > What has everyone else been using?
      > >
      > > JGartin
      > >

      > > --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, judycat5@... wrote:
      > > >

      > > > I don't find anything under "group". Can someone who found the page put
      > > up a link?
      > > >

      > > > Judy
      > > > judycat5@...
      > > >

      > > > On 01/31/13, J wrote:
      > > >

      > > > When you type "The Costumer's Manifesto" in the search box. The results
      > > will show one highlighted Manifesto with the scissors logo. This is the old
      > > page. Underneath that you should see "Groups." The Manifesto group
      > > currently has an icon of a fist and not the scissors.
      > > >
      > > > I see the group has gone from three members to seven, so some people are
      > > finding it.
      > > >
      > > > I hope this helps. Good luck.
      > > >
      > > > J.Gartin

      > --
      > Please use mandythepcgirl at gmail.com for fast email delivery.
      >
      > :)

    • Nightwing Whitehead
      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 1, 2013
        That worked!  I suspect it is the fault of the magickal beings that make our computers work and not our faults at all :-}

        Message 3 of 15 , Feb 1, 2013
          I wonder if the fact that it's a closed group is keeping it from coming up
          in FB search results.

        • Mandy Fisher
          Message 4 of 15 , Feb 1, 2013
            It's not a closed book... it's just facebook being a dick. (can I say that
            here?)

            Message 5 of 15 , Feb 1, 2013
              I think it might technically be a closed group since you have to get
              permission/approval to join, versus anyone being able to join. I'm in some
              other groups like that, one of which is even has its group privacy setting
              set to "Secret" so it can't be found in FB search.

              On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 9:47 PM, Mandy Fisher <mandythepcgirl@...>wrote:

              > **
              >

              > It's not a closed book... it's just facebook being a dick. (can I say that
              > here?)
              >

              > On 2 February 2013 11:43, Leslie Johnston leslieljohnston@...>
              > wrote:
              >
              > > I wonder if the fact that it's a closed group is keeping it from coming
              > up
              > > in FB search results.

              > --
              > Please use mandythepcgirl at gmail.com for fast email delivery.
              >
              > :)

            • greg spooner
              Message 6 of 15 , Feb 2, 2013
                Well thanks to the link I found the group and press'd the Join Group Button.  Just need a group admin to accept me.

                On 2013-02-01, at 7:39 AM, Mandy Fisher wrote:

                > Even though I followed the link below, it still doesn't show up in the

                > search box.

                > I think it's country settings. I'm pretty sure Facebook is stopping people

                > from other countries from seeing certain "business" groups.

                > When the request is approved, I'll see if it even turns up in my list of

                > groups.

                > Mandy

                > On 1 February 2013 17:59, J Lougart@...> wrote:

                > > I've copy and pasted the link below.

                > > https://www.facebook.com/groups/118139801697054/?fref=ts

                > > I keep trying to figure out why some of us our finding it in "search" and

                > > others don't. Be sure you type "THE Costumer's Manifesto" not simply

                > > "Costumer's Manifesto".

                > > I'm wondering if it is a browser or OS issue? I have tried searching on

                > > both my Mac and my Windows 7 computers, using Safari, Firefox and Internet

                > > Explorer. Typing in "The Costumer's Manifesto" and it comes up in Groups

                > > every time. I don't have an iPhone or Blueberry, so have not check that

                > > way. I'll keep trying to help get this issue solve.

                > > What has everyone else been using?

                > > JGartin

                > > --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, judycat5@... wrote:

                > > > I don't find anything under "group". Can someone who found the page put

                > > up a link?

                > > > Judy

                > > > judycat5@...

                > > > On 01/31/13, J wrote:

                > > > When you type "The Costumer's Manifesto" in the search box. The results

                > > will show one highlighted Manifesto with the scissors logo. This is the old

                > > page. Underneath that you should see "Groups." The Manifesto group

                > > currently has an icon of a fist and not the scissors.

                > > > I see the group has gone from three members to seven, so some people are

                > > finding it.

                > > > I hope this helps. Good luck.

                > > > J.Gartin

                > --

                > Please use mandythepcgirl at gmail.com for fast email delivery.

                > :)

              • J
                Message 7 of 15 , Feb 2, 2013
                  Glad people are finally finding the Group. I'm pretty sure Tara is the only administrator. She just opened a show and has not been feeling well, so it may take a day or two before you are accepted to the group.
                  JGartin