Finding the Facebook Group

  • J
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 31, 2013
      When you type "The Costumer's Manifesto" in the search box. The results will show one highlighted Manifesto with the scissors logo. This is the old page. Underneath that you should see "Groups." The Manifesto group currently has an icon of a fist and not the scissors.

      I see the group has gone from three members to seven, so some people are finding it.

      I hope this helps. Good luck.

      J.Gartin
    • Nightwing Whitehead
      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 31, 2013
        Nope, did not help.  What I get, and so do a lot of other people I suspect is:

        All Results

        Did you mean:the customer's manifesto,
        the customer's manifiesto, the customer's manifest
        The Costumer's Manifesto
        Arts/Humanities Website · 269 likes
        You like this.
        Posts by Friends

        See More Results
        Search the Web
        the costumer's manifesto the costumers
        manifesto: history of jewelry

        Can you post the link to it?
        As an example, the link to what I just showed is  https://www.facebook.com/search/results.php?q=the%20costumer%27s%20manifesto&init=quick&tas=0.08661824492636327

        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 31, 2013
          I don't find anything under "group". Can someone who found the page put up a link?

          Judy
          judycat5@...

          On 01/31/13, J<Lougart@...> wrote:

          When you type "The Costumer's Manifesto" in the search box. The results will show one highlighted Manifesto with the scissors logo. This is the old page. Underneath that you should see "Groups." The Manifesto group currently has an icon of a fist and not the scissors.

          I see the group has gone from three members to seven, so some people are finding it.

          I hope this helps. Good luck.

          J.Gartin
        • Leslie Johnston
          Message 4 of 15 , Jan 31, 2013
            Weird. I still see no group, only the page. Zero search results for groups.

          • J
            Message 5 of 15 , Jan 31, 2013
              I've copy and pasted the link below.

              https://www.facebook.com/groups/118139801697054/?fref=ts

              I keep trying to figure out why some of us our finding it in "search" and others don't. Be sure you type "THE Costumer's Manifesto" not simply "Costumer's Manifesto".

              I'm wondering if it is a browser or OS issue? I have tried searching on both my Mac and my Windows 7 computers, using Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Typing in "The Costumer's Manifesto" and it comes up in Groups every time. I don't have an iPhone or Blueberry, so have not check that way. I'll keep trying to help get this issue solve.

              What has everyone else been using?

              JGartin

              --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, judycat5@... wrote:

              > I don't find anything under "group". Can someone who found the page put up a link?
              >

              > Judy
              > judycat5@...
              >

              > On 01/31/13, J wrote:
              >

              > When you type "The Costumer's Manifesto" in the search box. The results will show one highlighted Manifesto with the scissors logo. This is the old page. Underneath that you should see "Groups." The Manifesto group currently has an icon of a fist and not the scissors.
              >
              > I see the group has gone from three members to seven, so some people are finding it.
              >
              > I hope this helps. Good luck.
              >
              > J.Gartin

            • Mandy Fisher
              Message 6 of 15 , Feb 1, 2013
                Even though I followed the link below, it still doesn't show up in the
                search box.

                I think it's country settings. I'm pretty sure Facebook is stopping people
                from other countries from seeing certain "business" groups.

                When the request is approved, I'll see if it even turns up in my list of
                groups.

                Mandy

                On 1 February 2013 17:59, J <Lougart@...> wrote:

                > I've copy and pasted the link below.
                >
                > https://www.facebook.com/groups/118139801697054/?fref=ts
                >
                > I keep trying to figure out why some of us our finding it in "search" and
                > others don't. Be sure you type "THE Costumer's Manifesto" not simply
                > "Costumer's Manifesto".
                >
                > I'm wondering if it is a browser or OS issue? I have tried searching on
                > both my Mac and my Windows 7 computers, using Safari, Firefox and Internet
                > Explorer. Typing in "The Costumer's Manifesto" and it comes up in Groups
                > every time. I don't have an iPhone or Blueberry, so have not check that
                > way. I'll keep trying to help get this issue solve.
                >
                > What has everyone else been using?
                >
                > JGartin
                >

                > --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, judycat5@... wrote:
                > >

                > > I don't find anything under "group". Can someone who found the page put
                > up a link?
                > >

                > > Judy
                > > judycat5@...
                > >

                > > On 01/31/13, J wrote:
                > >

                > > When you type "The Costumer's Manifesto" in the search box. The results
                > will show one highlighted Manifesto with the scissors logo. This is the old
                > page. Underneath that you should see "Groups." The Manifesto group
                > currently has an icon of a fist and not the scissors.
                > >
                > > I see the group has gone from three members to seven, so some people are
                > finding it.
                > >
                > > I hope this helps. Good luck.
                > >
                > > J.Gartin

                Please use mandythepcgirl at gmail.com for fast email delivery.

                :)

                Message 7 of 15 , Feb 1, 2013
                  Are you in Canada? I'm going to try it from Nova Scotia and see...
                  On 2013-02-01, at 7:39 AM, Mandy Fisher wrote:

                  > Even though I followed the link below, it still doesn't show up in the
                  > search box.
                  >
                  > I think it's country settings. I'm pretty sure Facebook is stopping people
                  > from other countries from seeing certain "business" groups.
                  >
                  > When the request is approved, I'll see if it even turns up in my list of
                  > groups.
                  >
                  > Mandy
                  >
                  > On 1 February 2013 17:59, J Lougart@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > I've copy and pasted the link below.
                  > >
                  > > https://www.facebook.com/groups/118139801697054/?fref=ts
                  > >
                  > > I keep trying to figure out why some of us our finding it in "search" and
                  > > others don't. Be sure you type "THE Costumer's Manifesto" not simply
                  > > "Costumer's Manifesto".
                  > >
                  > > I'm wondering if it is a browser or OS issue? I have tried searching on
                  > > both my Mac and my Windows 7 computers, using Safari, Firefox and Internet
                  > > Explorer. Typing in "The Costumer's Manifesto" and it comes up in Groups
                  > > every time. I don't have an iPhone or Blueberry, so have not check that
                  > > way. I'll keep trying to help get this issue solve.
                  > >
                  > > What has everyone else been using?
                  > >
                  > > JGartin
                  > >

                  > > --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, judycat5@... wrote:
                  > > >

                  > > > I don't find anything under "group". Can someone who found the page put
                  > > up a link?
                  > > >

                  > > > Judy
                  > > > judycat5@...
                  > > >

                  > > > On 01/31/13, J wrote:
                  > > >

                  > > > When you type "The Costumer's Manifesto" in the search box. The results
                  > > will show one highlighted Manifesto with the scissors logo. This is the old
                  > > page. Underneath that you should see "Groups." The Manifesto group
                  > > currently has an icon of a fist and not the scissors.
                  > > >
                  > > > I see the group has gone from three members to seven, so some people are
                  > > finding it.
                  > > >
                  > > > I hope this helps. Good luck.
                  > > >
                  > > > J.Gartin

                  > --
                  > Please use mandythepcgirl at gmail.com for fast email delivery.
                  >
                  > :)

                • Nightwing Whitehead
                  Message 8 of 15 , Feb 1, 2013
                    That worked!  I suspect it is the fault of the magickal beings that make our computers work and not our faults at all :-}

                    Message 9 of 15 , Feb 1, 2013
                      Well, thanks to the direct link, I was able to find the group. Even from the group page, however, it's still not showing up for me on the Facebook search engine (wish I could claim surprise at that, but there's part of me that can't help but shrug and say, 'It figures...')

                      I'm pretty sure it's not a browser issue...I'm using the latest version of Firefox. I'm also fairly sure it's not the country settings, unless it's set up to block people from the U.S. from finding it. The only thing I can think of is that Facebook's search algorithm doesn't place it highly enough on the list to warrant an answer to the search request, unless you've got a LOT of traffic that is a specific match for it on file (that is, associated with your specific account, as a Facebook user). That doesn't really help anyone find it, except to verify that the direct link does, in fact, work (although once I got there, I had to disable my script-blocking add-on before it would load the page fully, which leaves me wondering what kind of shenanigans Facebook is deliberately making happen any time we access that page. I miss the days when you could visit a site and be relatively certain that the only tracking of your visit was the site registering a connection from a certain link and your browser history...all these tracking cookies and javascript extras annoy me, a LOT.)

                      --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, Mandy Fisher wrote:

                      > Even though I followed the link below, it still doesn't show up in the
                      > search box.
                      >
                      > I think it's country settings. I'm pretty sure Facebook is stopping people
                      > from other countries from seeing certain "business" groups.
                      >
                      > When the request is approved, I'll see if it even turns up in my list of
                      > groups.
                      >
                      > Mandy
                      >
                      > On 1 February 2013 17:59, J wrote:
                      >
                      > > I've copy and pasted the link below.
                      > >
                      > > https://www.facebook.com/groups/118139801697054/?fref=ts

                    • greg spooner
                      Message 10 of 15 , Feb 1, 2013
                        Thank you for the link.  Found the Group have asked to Join the group.  Think I need someone to agree that I can join the group :-)

                        Message 11 of 15 , Feb 1, 2013
                          I wonder if the fact that it's a closed group is keeping it from coming up
                          in FB search results.

                        • Mandy Fisher
                          Message 12 of 15 , Feb 1, 2013
                            It's not a closed book... it's just facebook being a dick. (can I say that
                            here?)

                            Message 13 of 15 , Feb 1, 2013
                              I think it might technically be a closed group since you have to get
                              permission/approval to join, versus anyone being able to join. I'm in some
                              other groups like that, one of which is even has its group privacy setting
                              set to "Secret" so it can't be found in FB search.

                              On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 9:47 PM, Mandy Fisher <mandythepcgirl@...>wrote:

                              > **
                              >

                              > It's not a closed book... it's just facebook being a dick. (can I say that
                              > here?)
                              >

                              > On 2 February 2013 11:43, Leslie Johnston leslieljohnston@...>
                              > wrote:
                              >
                              > > I wonder if the fact that it's a closed group is keeping it from coming
                              > up
                              > > in FB search results.

                              > --
                              > Please use mandythepcgirl at gmail.com for fast email delivery.
                              >
                              > :)

                            • greg spooner
                              Message 14 of 15 , Feb 2, 2013
                                Well thanks to the link I found the group and press'd the Join Group Button.  Just need a group admin to accept me.

                                On 2013-02-01, at 7:39 AM, Mandy Fisher wrote:

                                > Even though I followed the link below, it still doesn't show up in the

                                > search box.

                                > I think it's country settings. I'm pretty sure Facebook is stopping people

                                > from other countries from seeing certain "business" groups.

                                > When the request is approved, I'll see if it even turns up in my list of

                                > groups.

                                > Mandy

                                > On 1 February 2013 17:59, J Lougart@...> wrote:

                                > > I've copy and pasted the link below.

                                > > https://www.facebook.com/groups/118139801697054/?fref=ts

                                > > I keep trying to figure out why some of us our finding it in "search" and

                                > > others don't. Be sure you type "THE Costumer's Manifesto" not simply

                                > > "Costumer's Manifesto".

                                > > I'm wondering if it is a browser or OS issue? I have tried searching on

                                > > both my Mac and my Windows 7 computers, using Safari, Firefox and Internet

                                > > Explorer. Typing in "The Costumer's Manifesto" and it comes up in Groups

                                > > every time. I don't have an iPhone or Blueberry, so have not check that

                                > > way. I'll keep trying to help get this issue solve.

                                > > What has everyone else been using?

                                > > JGartin

                                > > --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, judycat5@... wrote:

                                > > > I don't find anything under "group". Can someone who found the page put

                                > > up a link?

                                > > > Judy

                                > > > judycat5@...

                                > > > On 01/31/13, J wrote:

                                > > > When you type "The Costumer's Manifesto" in the search box. The results

                                > > will show one highlighted Manifesto with the scissors logo. This is the old

                                > > page. Underneath that you should see "Groups." The Manifesto group

                                > > currently has an icon of a fist and not the scissors.

                                > > > I see the group has gone from three members to seven, so some people are

                                > > finding it.

                                > > > I hope this helps. Good luck.

                                > > > J.Gartin

                                > --

                                > Please use mandythepcgirl at gmail.com for fast email delivery.

                                > :)

                              • J
                                Message 15 of 15 , Feb 2, 2013
                                  Glad people are finally finding the Group. I'm pretty sure Tara is the only administrator. She just opened a show and has not been feeling well, so it may take a day or two before you are accepted to the group.
                                  JGartin