Re: Decipher Numerical Pattern Sizes!

  • Silvester
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 4, 2012
      I found this via a Google search: http://sewing.patternreview.com/Patterns/21481 <- you have to be registered to read the reviews, but it looks like this is a robe pattern that could double as a womens angel-wing dress. I would lean away from this as a man's costume except for the concept of wizard's robes...

      There is also this: http://www.etsy.com/listing/35587759/medieval-gothic-cloak-hood-cape-sewing

      I think this eBay listing clears up the sizing a bit more: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Butterick-4050-Men-and-Womens-Wizard-Witch-Cape-pattern-XS-S-M-/160888899851

      The numbers you listed are standard US sizes and measurements that I'm pretty sure correspond to the XS-S-M and then L-XL ranges. If you're making for a man, ask him his t-shirt size.

      Silvester