RE: [TheCostumersManifesto] costume fittings I am sooo tired of cast members not saving time for fittings !

  • Pat Rohrbach
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 21, 2012
      Thank you all for your suggestions and stories I once had a director who
      told an actor if you don't want to wear the costume that is fine we will
      find someone that would love to with no problem, she stayed in the show.
      People who have been doing it for a time know better than to behave badly it
      is the younger kids that just don't get it sometime the same generation that
      doesn't know where their waist is LOL. I don't suffer fools I am afraid I
      set a date and time and place and that is it, they all show up. They may not
      like the time or the limits but they do show up. I work in a college and
      also for some local theaters. I don't charge the semi-professional theaters
      much and I have a lot of stock but they also know show up or go on stage in
      your own clothes I don't care either way ,I do not cater to anyone, without
      a good reason why I should. I was just having a problem with a new group
      in a startup theater but stuck to my guns and they came around. I don't need
      their money it is a favor to them and they know that.

      From: diana thompson <diana.thompson95@...
      <mailto:diana.thompson95%40gmail.com> >
      cast members not saving time for fittings !
      To: TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com
      <mailto:TheCostumersManifesto%40yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Wednesday, 21 November, 2012, 23:16

      A WAY I HAVE FOUND...again, you need support from director and higher
      ups....miss a fitting, one chance to reschedule within 2 days......miss it
      again...
      part goes to SOMEONE ELSE....
      perhaps this would help.
      diana thompson