Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] costume fittings I am sooo tired of cast members not saving time for fittings !

  • greg spooner
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 21, 2012
      Support from Director and SM are a great help.  If you wish to turn the knife more I have had occasion where a cast member was a total pain and this was an exception to the normal rule.  Pain not only to me may I add but director producer et al.  She was told to get herself to fitting or the costumed changed.  It would have kept her in character but also made her   look frumpy and slightly comic.  She was alas having a fit of the dramatic I Am.  Otherwise as has been suggested a schedule for fitting support from the SM.  Most folks I have found to be reasonable its the minority that think we wave a magic quick unpick  and a costume appears.

      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 21, 2012
        Thank you all for your suggestions and stories I once had a director who
        told an actor if you don't want to wear the costume that is fine we will
        find someone that would love to with no problem, she stayed in the show.
        People who have been doing it for a time know better than to behave badly it
        is the younger kids that just don't get it sometime the same generation that
        doesn't know where their waist is LOL. I don't suffer fools I am afraid I
        set a date and time and place and that is it, they all show up. They may not
        like the time or the limits but they do show up. I work in a college and
        also for some local theaters. I don't charge the semi-professional theaters
        much and I have a lot of stock but they also know show up or go on stage in
        your own clothes I don't care either way ,I do not cater to anyone, without
        a good reason why I should. I was just having a problem with a new group
        in a startup theater but stuck to my guns and they came around. I don't need
        their money it is a favor to them and they know that.

        From: diana thompson <diana.thompson95@...
        <mailto:diana.thompson95%40gmail.com> >
        cast members not saving time for fittings !
        To: TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com
        <mailto:TheCostumersManifesto%40yahoogroups.com>
        Date: Wednesday, 21 November, 2012, 23:16