Reminder about the CSA Western Region de Sassiet Program registration deadline!

  • csawr_publicity
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 29, 2012
      I have been asked to share this reminder about the registration deadline for our upcoming Costume Society of America event!

      A reminder to Pre-Register for the upcoming November 10th Costume Society Program at Santa Clara University de Saisset Museum.

      This invitation is open to the public at large.
      Please print and return the PDF registration form attached below by November 1st.

      Dear CSA Members, Colleagues and Guests,

      Mark your calenders! On Saturday, November 10, 2012, we have a wonderfull day planned at the de Saisset Museum at Santa Clara University. Elise Rousseau, Costume Society of America-Western Region Board member and Textile Conservator,will be the speaker and our gallery guide for the program. Elise has a broad base of knowledge of the museum's artifacts, as she was formerly the guest curator and helped to re-design and interpret the Pre-Contact, Mission Period and Early California Permanent Collection History Galleries.

      Our program will begin with a tour of the galleries including, a special exhibition of selected vestments: Mission Vestments from the Permanent Collection. After our tour Elise will give a presentation on her extensive work with these vestments. She will discuss how these 17th and 18th century vestments demonstrate a range of styles, forms and purposes, as well as, fabrics and production origins.

      The registration deadline is Nov 1, 2012.

      Please open the attached registration flyer & form below--and register now.

      Feel free to spread the word to interested friends and colleagues!

      This program is open to the public at large, with pre-registration.

      FYI- This will be our final program for 2012. 2013 will begin with a program at the Fowler at UCLA in the Spring.

      Questions? Contact me directly at marygibsonWRCSA@....