Fw: CSA event de Saisett Museum Vestments Nov 10

  • Tara Maginnis
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 8, 2012
      I've been asked to forward this information about a cool Costume Society of America event in Northern California

      Dear CSA Members and Guests,

      Mark your calenders!  On November 10, 2012, we have a wonderful day planned at the de Saisett Museum at Santa Clara University. Elise
      Rousseau, CSA-WR Board member and Textile Conservator,will be speaker
      and be our gallery guide for the program. Elise has a broad base of knowledge of the
      museum’s artifacts as she was formerly the guest curator and helped to
      re-design and interpret the Pre-Contact, Mission Period and
      Early California Permanent Collection History Galleries.

      Our program will begin with a tour of the galleries including, a special exhibition of selected vestments: Mission Vestments from the Permanent Collection.
      After our tour Elise will give a presentation on her extensive work with these vestments. She will discuss how these 17th and 18th century
      vestments demonstrate a range of styles and purposes as well as fabric
      and production origins.

      The registration deadline is Nov 1, 2012 - please download the registration form and further information at http://www.costumesocietyamerica.com/RegionV/event_workshop_sym.htm and register now. Feel free to spread the word to interested friends and colleagues!

      FYI- This will be our final program for 2012.  2013 will begin with a program at the Fowler at UCLA in the Spring.
      Questions? Contact me directly at  marygibsonWRCSA@.... Please do NOT hit reply to this e-mail as it will go around the world before it gets to me.

      Mary Gibson
      CSA-WR Programs Chair and President ElectmarygibsonWRCSA@...