Re: Costume Distressing Workshops SF Bay Area

  • thecostumersmanifesto
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 26, 2012
      A reminder that this Saturday I have this workshop coming up:

      --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "thecostumersmanifesto" <thecostumersmanifesto@...> wrote:

      > Two separate Costume Distressing Workshops by Tara Maginnis, will be held on Saturday September 29th, 2012 and Saturday October 6th 2012, at the Diablo Valley College Performing Arts Center in Pleasant Hill, CA, from 11am-1pm, followed by an optional afternoon of continued distressing work. For more details see the event page of http://distressingcostumes.com

    • belladonnadram
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 27, 2012
        This looks amazing. I wish I wasn't on the other side of the country, otherwise I would definitely take the workshops! I am loving the website, though. Thank you.

        I had to distress a few costume pieces for a film I recently worked on. They turned out okay, but I really would like to have more knowledge and tricks up my sleeve when it comes to distressing costumes.

        --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "thecostumersmanifesto" <thecostumersmanifesto@...> wrote:

        > A reminder that this Saturday I have this workshop coming up:
        >
        > --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "thecostumersmanifesto" <thecostumersmanifesto@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Two separate Costume Distressing Workshops by Tara Maginnis, will be held on Saturday September 29th, 2012 and Saturday October 6th 2012, at the Diablo Valley College Performing Arts Center in Pleasant Hill, CA, from 11am-1pm, followed by an optional afternoon of continued distressing work. For more details see the event page of http://distressingcostumes.com

      • diana thompson
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 28, 2012
          This is also a wistful wish I were there on the west coast more often. I
          would make the trip but am bound by obligations to a Renaissance Faire in
          Sarasota, Florida. I know it is hard enough to juggle all
          you do, Tara, but if ever there is more notice to some event like this, I
          would love a heads up. Now that
          Blackthistle Designs is back on its feet ( and thanks to you and all your
          help and support through the
          years) I am scheduling my "geographical" calendar around events and could
          plan on correlating
          areas with events, but have to do so at least a half year in advance. I
          would love and be able to use
          a workshop such as this. I have a large collector's volume of the creation
          of Harry Potter and there are
          several chapters which delve specifically into how the costumes were
          distressed that I loved. Very useful
          and many things I never thought of.
          Thank you again for all you do.

          diana thompson