OT.PLEASE SAFEGUARD EMAIL.

  • dblackthistle
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2012
      Sew Its For Sale Moderator
      viking1plus_orchidea@yahoogroups.com
      Craft Items For Sale Moderator

      Message flagged
      Saturday, 1 September 2012, 8:52
      Sorry for the off topic, but since I have now seen and learned how easily your email ( mine :( ) can be hacked I thought I would share this,
      and if the moderator wants to allow, warn people. The email I opened appeared to me as being from YAHOO. It stated that they were updating
      security on individual email and simply asked me to hit the link and re-sign in. I should have been skeptical, but I was tired as I had just gotten
      back from a long trip and simply thought, YAHOO...WHAT A BOTHER, JUST DO IT...and did. It simply disappeared, and I thought nothing of it
      until my son called me a bit after one a.m. and asked me if I had gotten lost and that my email was hacked. I have spent time fixing the problem and
      have found a few things that I never knew existed and took the actions to secure things. First of all changed my information and password...but,
      there is a safety feature called a sign in ID that is only visible to the correct password. It is a stamp..and if you sign in wrong and other steps,
      it alerts YAHOO that it is not you, and also does not allow access. I have this on my bank and it really works. You take that picture for granted,
      but if you sign in wrong, you notice the next step for sure and it is helpful. Why these people do this is
      beyond me. By the way, there is a lot in the Yahoo pages I never knew until I needed, and there is a sign in history, so I was able to see that this
      was someone in Nigeria...and with my reporting it, yahoo will be able to track.
      Again, I apologise to all for the inconvenience.

      diana thompson
      Blackthistle Designs
      Maine, USA
      www.Blackthistledesigns.com