Re: dress makers dummies

  • don_mccunn
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 30, 2012
      Silvester,

      If you can get fitting shells that work for the sizes and body types you want to sew for, you can make very functional dress forms for about $10. I have a class that actually goes beyond a dress form to what I call a body double.

      http://www.patternmaking-classes.com/Body-Double.html

      I have made several of these for various models I work with. They come in very handy.

      Best,
      Don McCunn

      > Does anyone know of any websites that show how or have patterns for making dress makers dummies?
      >
      > The expense of a decent dummy is prohibitive for me right now and I'm honestly more interested in making the darned thing myself. I'd like to create a dummy in each of the standard shirt sizes for men and possibly many of the standard sizes for women, but I'm not confident abount the dimensions I have and how to turn them into a properly shaped oval to represent a human form.

      > Silvester

    • Silvester
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 31, 2012
        Don,

        Thanks for the info. Some of what you show in your intro video is essentially what I am planning to do, I just need to get my hands on the base dimensions/shapes to build from.

        Silvester