Spirit Gum?

  • Siebel San
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 21, 2002
      Hello all,

      Does spirit gum have a shelf life? This morning when I
      tried to stick on my elf ears, the gun stuck to my ears,
      stuck to my prosthetics, but wouldn't stick the prosthetics
      to my ears. Yet this evening, it seemed more difficult to
      get off. I've had this bottle for maybe three years...

      Jessica

      =====
      http://health.yahoo.com
    • yum-yi
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 22, 2002
        I think that it does... the stuff that I have (that is
        more then three years old) is gummy and kind of gross.
        It still works mind you, and I just havent had the
        chance to get to the hobby shop to get new stuff.
        -Dawn

        --- Siebel San <siebelsan@...> wrote:
        > Hello all,
        >
        > Does spirit gum have a shelf life? This morning
        > when I

        http://sbc.yahoo.com
      • DARK GOD
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 22, 2002
          no spirit gum doesnt or if it does its so long it makes no odds firstly how
          are you applying it you need to put it on the prosthetics and your ears
          touch them together then let both sides dry before sticking the ears to your
          skin if the mastic(spirit gum)is thick its normaly because your wipeing the
          brush on the side of the bottle this bilds up thin layers around the lid and
          holds it slightly open which will screw up the glue ther is also extra
          strenth mastic which will if you will excuse the expression stick l;ike shit
          to a blancket the best stuff was dow corning 355 sergical adhesive but thats
          been band now is it wa harmful to that atmosphere... hope this helps