Adjunct search

  • soneillshu
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 13, 2012
      Please reply with interest:
      Costume Adjunct- 2012-2013

      The descriptions that follow will hopefully be combined but may be considered
      individual opportunities.
      Make-Up Design
      Fall 2012, 3 credits, (no pre-requisites). Fifteen week semester class meets Tues
      & Thurs 9-11:50am. Maximum of 15 undergraduate students. Color theory and a
      simple street make-up exercise occupies the first few weeks of class. Ben Nye Kit is
      used for this class.

      Advanced Make-Up Design and Technology
      January Term 2013, 3 credits, (Make up Design Pre-req) a four week concentrated
      class meeting 3-4 days a week. Curriculum:covers wig ventilation, basic wig fitting,
      styling and maintenance. Custom casting of each student's full head, (following the
      alginate through plaster casting process), modeling and sculpting prosthetic and
      special effects appliances, culminating in a fully executed final project.

      Costume design One fall production, one spring production. A Costume Designer
      is a working part of the costume staff, and should plan on spending regular time in
      the shop with our student crews. Our production period is 13 weeks, with weekly
      production meetings. We have a modest stock of costumes, but the ultimate goal
      is to do a reasonable amount of new building in the shop, to fulfill student learning
      requirements.

      Please tell folks to feel free to contact me for more info!

      Susan O'Neill, USA Designer & Scenographer
      Costume Director
      Theatre and Dance Program
      Division of Visual and Performing Arts
      Seton Hill University