Re: New Member

  • IOM315@AOL.com
    Message 1 of 30 , Apr 3, 2012
      I've read your post and as well as the post from "Zed". I could not agree
      more with "Zed". I have been designing and producing presentation gowns
      for Mardi Gras over the past 30+ years. This has led me down a very twisted
      path, but I can say after just finishing up work on my 24th Ball for the
      same organization, it is with pride that I look back on how my work has
      evolved.

      From my early endeavors until now I have had to change with the
      marketplace. Beautiful fabrics and trims have either vanished or become so expensive
      they are out of my budget. I have found that being flexible, always
      inquisitive, and not settling for with the first idea has brought my work to its
      current level.

      The most profound change for my work was born because I hate to have my
      work compromised by what is available in the textile industry. Therefore I
      developed a process to emboss my artwork on textiles. While refining the
      process I had the opportunity to create a collection of presentation gowns
      based on Faberge's Easter Eggs. The combination was a true turning point.

      You just never know where the path will lead when faced with challenges.
      My best advice is to approach the challenges of our industry as
      opportunities for growth in spite of the growing pains!

      Best wishes and welcome to this "crazy" world.
      D.L. Dixon
      Ides of March Design Group, Ltd.