2012 Mardi Gras gowns...Shall We Dance

  • iom315
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 23, 2012
      Hi everyone,
      I have emerged on the other side of Mardi Gras, yes I love Lent!
      For all who are interested I have posted an album of the gowns for the 2012 Ball. The theme of the Ball was "Shall We Dance".

      http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150622221818442.413112.316566093441&type=3&l=95ee7c5d8e

      This is a public link for Facebook. You do not have to be a member of Facebook to view the album.

      For those who have not seen my work before...the artwork on each gown is created by embossing the textiles. This is a process that I have developed. It is a waterbased product that dries permenant, flexible, and lighter weight than sequin or beaded appliques.

      Thanks,
      Deborah Lynn Dixon
      Ides of March Design Group, Ltd.
    • judycat5@verizon.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 23, 2012
        Gorgeous as always! I look forward every year to seeing your gowns. I love watching the parades on NOLA.com except I never get any throw!

        Judy
        judycat5@...

        VOTE FOR BROOKE!
        https://photocontest.humanesociety.org/contest.html?page=viewInd&id=109729&contestId=4

        On 02/23/12, iom315<IOM315@...> wrote:

        Hi everyone,
        I have emerged on the other side of Mardi Gras, yes I love Lent!
        For all who are interested I have posted an album of the gowns for the 2012 Ball. The theme of the Ball was "Shall We Dance".

        http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150622221818442.413112.316566093441&type=3&l=95ee7c5d8e

        This is a public link for Facebook. You do not have to be a member of Facebook to view the album.

        For those who have not seen my work before...the artwork on each gown is created by embossing the textiles. This is a process that I have developed. It is a waterbased product that dries permenant, flexible, and lighter weight than sequin or beaded appliques.

        Thanks,
        Deborah Lynn Dixon
        Ides of March Design Group, Ltd.
      • Pat Rohrbach
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 23, 2012
          Oh please tell me more about this embossing I would love to do it as well.

          Hugs Pat

          Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to
          be amused!" (Unknown Author)

          I have emerged on the other side of Mardi Gras, yes I love Lent!
          For all who are interested I have posted an album of the gowns for the 2012
          Ball. The theme of the Ball was "Shall We Dance".

          http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150622221818442.413112.3165660934
          41
          <http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150622221818442.413112.316566093
          441&type=3&l=95ee7c5d8e> &type=3&l=95ee7c5d8e