Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Motors in costumes

  • Sarah P
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 15 2:37 PM
      Small motor turns small wheel which moves belt in track, horses suspended
      from bottom of track, wheel on top of track, sides of track attached to
      hoopskirt...hoop and suspension must be of strong materials. Keep in mind
      weight...plastic carousel horses might be good idea, wooden dowels for
      poles. Hula hoops (large diameter) might make good track, fan belt (sewing
      machine belt, vacuum cleaner belt, etc.) might work better than car fan
      belt. Lubricate inside of hula hoop to reduce friction on belt, split hula
      hoop EVENLY top and bottom to allow access for small wheel(s) and horse
      poles to spin. Bottom track (below horses) split same way on top, horse
      poles set between marbles or ball bearings so roll in bottom track. Small
      motors may include toy car motors, toy airplane, toy boat. Look in hobby
      shops that sell remote-control toys. R/C cars have "oomph" that toy trains
      do not. May have to chop a toy for its motor if can't find seperate motors,
      though good hobby shop should have "build-it-yourself" kits or parts.

      Have fun. You are more adventurous than I ever would be! However, my pet
      project is to create real retractable claws that work with your hand instead
      of against their movements. Like a cat's paw, yet keeping the size of the
      hand reasonably proportionate to human proportions and within budget! Ha.
      Guess that's just a pipe-dream.