Re: Ribbon decorations for hats 1920's

  • francesgrimble
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 11, 2012

      The Women's Institute of Domestic Arts & Sciences was a very popular correspondence school in the 1910s and 1920s. They had separate courses on dressmaking, millinery, and cooking. The (series of) booklets they published are widely available used on eBay and elsewhere. Some have been reprinted, including their Millinery: A Complete Course. This book has loads of ribbon trimmings. See:

      http://www.biblio.com/details.php?dcx=476599675&aid=aa&t=1

      Fran
      Lavolta Press
      Books on historic dressmaking, millinery, and needlework
      www.lavoltapress.com
      www.facebook.com/LavoltaPress